Popular Posts

Friday, January 10, 2014

Absent part 2

In addition to my last post, I would like to share a few words.

This came from my Guncle Larry:

"However you feel and however you react is perfectly normal and acceptable given the circumstances. This is what we do these things like today when we are family and friends we hold each other up. Your aunt will need to be held up because now she doesn't even know how she's going to make it to the next minute the next hour the next day next week next month and the next year. In these situations there is never too much support or love that you can offer the heartbroken."
This came from my Auntie Joyce, posting on Erin's wall:
"Erin Elizabeth Hennes..March 17, 1989- January 5, 2014Erin's family would like to thank her friends for all the love we have felt this week. It is because of YOU that we have been able to stay strong. And, isn't that one of the best things in life; to support another when they need your help? We all can find comfort knowing Erin continues to live in others through organ donation. I will keepyou updated as we learn more about those whose lives have been made better because of Erin's generous gifts. Up to 60 people will be directly impacted because of her donations.
"Slow down, you move too fast. You've got to make the morning last, just kicking down the cobblestones..looking for fun and feeling groovy. Hello lampost, whacha knowing? I've come to watch your flowers growing. Ain't cha got no rhymes for me? Feeling groovy."
Erin made her first passage when she was born in Oregon on St. Patricks day in 1989. She 1/2 Polish with just a smidgen of Irish, but she was named Erin because of the day she was born. Erin made many more passages while on this earth. Her travels on earth took her to South America, New York City, Florida, Mexico, Colorado and all places in between. Erin passed into and touched countless peoples lives in her 24 years. Through her organ donation, she continues to make others lives better. "No greater gift...".
Erin's final passage officially occurred at 2:50pm on January 5, 2014 when she was declared dead and flew to heaven. But just because she is no longer here for us to talk and see, doesn't mean she is gone from our lives. Erin made her final passage but in no way is she gone.

I hear her singing from heaven...
"I've got no deeds to do no promises to keep, I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all it's petals on me. Life I love you, all is groovy."

And then, I hear Erin saying...
"mmmmm...chips!!!"

And, I hear the young Erin saying..
"Not a good place to put a booger..."

Rest in Peace, little daughter. "


That is all.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment