Popular Posts

Monday, May 5, 2014

Reflection

As I was walking out of the car towards my mexican hotel room for the last time, it struck me: the biggest thing that I will miss is the stars. You can see so many of those stars in Akumal, Mexico, and the more you stare up into the abyss that is space, you see more and more little tiny stars that are so far away.
I just had to stand there for a second and look up at the stars and put my life into perspective. We are such a small speck that is in this galaxy and there are people out there that are probably thinking the same exact thing, and wanting to reach out to the other planets. It's so amazing to think that all those mini specks in the sky above us could be another world that we don't even know. Or by the time we are actually seeing the light from it, that star could be dead.
I know this sounds kinda "heavy", but I've always loved staring off into the sky and just being able to see the stars and be able to find your bearings from that. That was amazing to be able to do that while down here.

Unfortunately, I was unable to go snorkeling and see the sea turtles because it was raining on the afternoon of our last day here, but I have made many memories and I will share them when I get home tomorrow.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment