Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

She keeps on running....

I ran my first 5k with my sister on this past Sunday at the Susan G. Komen's Race for The Cure. I finished with the time of 41 minutes and a couple seconds. My sister finished much sooner than me, but she's been running for longer.
A few minutes after finishing
That is really not that bad considering I had barely trained the last month. Also, I had set my bar very low with the goal to finish within an hour, and I did. So I'm going to call that a win. I will be trying to beat that time from now on.
Charlie being cute during the walk
Afterwards, my sister and I walked around the area that you can get free stuff, and got a bunch of free food, water and COFFEE. It was amazing. We didn't have much time to soak it all in, because we were also doing the 5k walk with our other sister and niece. It was so packed for the walk, that we weren't able to walk very fast, but it was nice to stretch out after the run.
The crowd behind up
The crowd in front of us










After we finished the walk, it was actually one of my other nieces' birthday and we were having a party later that day at my sister's place. It was fun. I took a small nap on the couch while everyone else was talking. The nap was glorious. The beer that I had with our dinner was even more glorious. My niece got her own "smash cupcake" to eat. She loved it.

Clara eating her cupcake!
We didn't stay too late, and I went to bed super early to go back to reality.

-A

P.S. I was SO sore on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment